About Us: Aldelia Group is a leading recruitment and mobilization expert. Aldelia is an international innovative recruitment consultancy company operating in more than 20 countries and has been operating in Nigeria for over nine (9) years, providing organized recruitment services and complete outsourcing solutions across a wide range of specialized industries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement and Clearing Officer
- Department: Logistics and WareHouse
- Reporting to -Logistics and WareHouse Manager
- Personnel relieving this position if absent – Logistics/Warehouse Manager
- Personnel directly reporting to this position – Store Keepers (RM Store keeper, FG Store Keeper and Spares Store Keeper)
- Liaison with other staff:
- Production Supervisors
- Quality Control Supervisors.
- Store Keeper (RMLCN, WHLCN and Spares)
- Finance Supervisor
- Customer Service Supervisor
- Group buyers.
- Understand product, performa invoices and HS codes (related to duty rates), writing & training of form M (via online).
- Understand the documents & clearing cycle, form M submission online, form M opening letter, preparing letters such as debit advice and updating reports.
- Follow up consignment arrival, consignment clearing process update and with the clearing agent on a daily basis for updates needed for each shipment,
- Ensuring the accuracy of Customs Clearance paper
- Coordinating with OH/Forwarder to arrange smooth delivery to customer
- Following Customs clearance strictly and ensuring on-time delivery schedule
- Review prices and product specifications from various suppliers to determine which would provide the best deal.
- Prepares monthly material requirement and share same with MD and Logistics Manager
- Creating and maintaining purchasing files and price lists.
- Evaluating vendors & negotiating and renegotiating the price, delivery schedule and terms and conditions.
- Monitors delivery times and ensuring the adequate supply of all required materials, components and equipment.
- Following up import tax payment to avoid overdue and penalty
- Monitors shipping documents from supplier and liase with bank for PAAR.
- Prepares import material tracker to monitor GIT.
- Answer supplier and customer inquiries about order changes or cancellations and check requisition orders for accuracy.
- Seeking alternative local sources for imported raw materials if it leads to cost reduction.
- Any other duties as may be directed by the line manager.
- Import Tracker – to the Logistics Manager
- Monthly RM/PM price changes analysis – to the Logistics Manager
- Weekly report on pending requests – to the Logistics Manager
- Daily expediting report on pending Pos.
- To ensure best prices without compromising quality of materials.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of a B.Sc or HND in Shipping Management, Business Administration or any related course
- Minimum of 3 years post-qualification experience in the FMCG sector
- Minimum 3 years as a clearing officer
- Proactive and result-oriented
- Good organisation skills, with ability to multi-task
- Good negotiation skills in interaction with internal and external customers.
Mode of Application
All interested and qualified applicants should send their CV to email@example.com
Application Closing Date: 7th December, 2018.